I have a few questions regarding the office of the Exilarch
and Naim Dangoor.
1. I have heard that Dangoor's claim to the Exilarchate
comes from the fact that he is the descendant of the original
Exilarchs (586BC-1270CE) and therefore also the descendant
of the King of Judah Jehoiachin. Therefore he is the descendant
of David as well. Is this true?
2. Does the Exilarch or any of his relatives have any descendants
(particularly male descendants) that continue the line of
the Kings of Judah?
3. Since the war in Iraq no Jews now live in Babylon. Is
this a signal that the first exile has truely ended? Does
Dangoor have any plans to bring his seat of operations to
4. Miamonides said that Jews were required to rebuild the
temple if a suitable Davidic ruler could be found. Does
the Dangoor family agree with this or take it seriously?
Is the Exilarch working towards or planning for the rebuilding
of the Temple?
5. Do they have any plan to attempt to beyond the Exilarchate
and claim the empty throne of Judah and Israel?
6. What is the Exilarch's Hebrew name? Does he have a special
title such as ha- Davidi or ha-Juhudi or ha-nasi or ha-rosh
or even ha-melech after the simple ''given name ben name
I ask these questions mostly out of curiosity. I hope someone
will explain these things to me.
1. As was stated in Time magazine 2 years ago, all Jews
after 3,000 years can rightly claim to have inherited in
some of King David's genes.
2. Very much so. He has sons and grandsons.
3. No - we are hoping to revive Jewish life in Iraq, which
is our country of origin - being the birthplace of Avraham
Aveenu and his tribe, and thus of the Jewish people as a
4. The re-building of the temple is not the ultimate objective
of the Exilarch. The Moshiach hopes to bring the whole human
race to the acknowledgement and worship of G-d, regardless
of religion, and can consider the structure over the old
Temple site as being the re-built Temple. You may like to
know that before the Moslems built that structure they offered
the Site to the Jewish people, who refused to take it, and
only after waiting 50 years did they commence to build the
present Dome of the Rock. We do not aim to convert mankind
to Judaism but to the worship of G-d, regardless of the
5. The Moshiach has his own agenda, which will become known
in due course.
6. The Exilarch's future Hebrew name will be: "Sar
Shalom", Prince of Peace.
you would like to make any comments or contribute to The
Scribe please contact