"THE WORLD IS COMING TO AN END"
by Nicole Iny (when 16), New York
- "The world is coming to an end", I heard somebody say.
- Because no-one is innocent any more - the children work, not play.
- The morality has sunk quite low and people are falling sick.
- I doubt that this is what G-d intended - it seems to be a trick.
- The world is coming to an end, and no-one can tell me why,
- Instead of improving themselves, there are people who cheat and lie.
- They murder, usurp and commit other sins for reasons which I can't fathom.
- I doubt G-d is happy any more, for look what was done to Adam.
- "The world is coming to an end", I heard somebody scream.
- People are selfish nowadays - they just satisfy their own dream.
- What happened to sweet charity which existed long before?
- Does nobody desire to help the less fortunate any more?
- "The world is coming to an end", and I am quite upset.
- There are sins committed every two seconds which ordinarily would not be
- Religion is forgotten - morals can never survive.
- Instead of yearning to be higher, people have put the dirt into their lives.
- The world is coming to an end, and it's not what G-d intended
- For he wishes us to improve ourselves - to fix whatever must be mended.
- People welcome sin and laugh mockingly at old traditions.
- The Guide to Immorality must have been printed in many editions.
- The world is coming to an end, and it is very sad,
- That we Jews who promised G-d we'd keep his laws are making him quite mad.
- We said we'd keep the Torah in our heart and it would be our life.
- So many people have died for our faith - was it worth all their strife?
- Have we forgotten everything? Are our memories so unclear?
- What happened to our Torah which we used to love so dear?
- What happened to our wisdom? Has it disappeared?
- What happened to morality? It used to be revered.
- The world is coming to an end and we can't help that fact.
- Do you think if we turned back the clock, we could bring morality back?
If you would like to make any comments or contribute
to the scribe please contact us.